These photos show a classic case of overpacking. These folks were staying in rural Mexico for about 10 days. From what I could tell from my vantage point above them here, they had about 6 suitcases. SIX! For two people. You can see the hand-working staff here at the rental units carrying their luggage to the water taxi.
People, pack light!
We were gone for over a MONTH this time and each of us had only one carry-on size backpack. And this was including the croquet whites that we needed for the tournament.
Here is what I packed:
– 5 pairs of underwear
– 3 bras
– 2 pair socks
– white pants that roll up to capris (for croquet, and for travel)
– white skort (croquet)
– white golf shirt (ditto)
– white T-shirt (ditto)
– 4 other T shirts (2 of them quick-dry)
– 2 tank tops
– 3 skirts (one can also be worn as a dress)
– 3 dresses
– 1 pair leggings (for travel and buggy evenings)
– 3 lightweight long-sleeve shirts
– 2 swimsuits
– 1 rain jacket
– 1 hat
– 1 sarong
– flip flops
– microfiber pack towel (for the beach)
Yes, this all fits in a carry-on (although I am obviously wearing some it while traveling), along with toiletries, hairbands, books, sunglasses.
If I can do it, you can do it. Don’t be like these bad travellers, making people carry around your excess crap.